QUANTUM LEAP INTO CONFERENCE SERIES REGISTRATION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document sets out the terms and conditions between Quantum Metric, Inc. (“Quantum Metric” or “Organizer”) and you (“you,” or “Attendee”) when you register for any of Quantum Metric’s Leap Into series of conferences (the “Conference”). By registering for each Conference, you are agreeing to comply with these terms and conditions.
- REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Submission of an online registration for a conference in the Quantum Leap Into series of conferences (the “Conference”) is regarded as a firm booking and acceptance of these terms and conditions. If applicable, payment in full will be required at the time of registration.
- 3.1. In the unlikely event of the Conference being cancelled by the Organizer, for paid registrations a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the Attendee and there will not be any additional liability to Quantum Metric, Conference hosts or any other individual associated with the Conference organization.
- 2.2 In the event that the Conference cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the Organizer (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of Quantum Metric, liability will be limited to the amount of fees paid by the Attendee and there will not be any additional liability to Quantum Metric, Conference hosts or any other individual associated with the Conference organization. Under these circumstances, the Organizer reserves the right to refund the fees paid minus a 25% admin fee plus any bank transfer fee incurred. For the avoidance of doubt, Quantum Metric has no liability if an attendee is unable to attend the Conference due to a technical issue on Attendee’s part, including but not limited to an internet outage.
- CHANGES AND POSTPONEMENT
Quantum Metric reserves the right to make alterations to the Conference program, platform offer through and timings at any time. In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the conference is being postponed or the dates being changed, the Organizer shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the Attendee. If by re-arrangement or postponement of the Conference takes place, the booking between the Attendee and the Organizer shall remain in force and will be subject to the cancellation schedule above.
In consideration for being allowed to register for, and participate in the Conference, you hereby freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue Quantum Metric, or its employees, board members and/or agents for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, property damage, or property theft or actions of any kind that you may suffer before, during or after the Conference, unless said expense, loss, damage, or personal injury is caused by the sole, gross negligence of Quantum Metric. Views expressed by speakers, sponsors and/or exhibitors are their own. Quantum Metric cannot accept liability for any advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker, sponsor and/or exhibitor at the conference or in any material provided to attendees. In addition, Quantum Metric shall not be responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of the services or information provided in connection with the Conference. In no event, where applicable law permits, shall Quantum Metric’s total liability to you for all damages and losses with respect to these Terms and Conditions exceed the amount fees paid by Attendee. This Liability Waiver and Release is specifically binding upon your heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
It is the responsibility of the Attendee to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the conference. Quantum Metric cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
- PHOTOS & FILMING
By attending the Conference, you are participating on a virtual platform where photography, audio and video recording may occur. By agreeing to these terms, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Quantum Metric and its representatives. You waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use of these materials. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recordings taken by Quantum Metric or the person or entity designated to do so by Quantum Metric. Further, as the Conference is taking place on a virtual platform, Quantum Metric disclaims all liability for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other attendees at the event. Attendees and sponsors are encouraged to capture their Conference experiences and post their own social content from the event (text, photos, audio, video, streaming), provided it does not infringe upon the rights of any attendee, sponsor, third party, or Quantum Metric. Such infringement would include, but is not limited to, defamation or infringement of intellectual property rights. In the event an Attendee requires a release or permission to protect the rights of a third party, obtaining such a release or permission shall be the sole responsibility of the Attendee.
- WEBSITE & LINKS
The conference and associated Quantum Metric websites may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, for which Quantum Metric takes no responsibility. Neither can responsibility be taken for contents of any website linking to this website.
- ADMITTANCE In its sole discretion and without refund, Quantum Metric reserves the right to refuse admittance to or expel from the Conference anyone that it determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the Conference or any other attendee.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY All intellectual property rights in and to the Conference, including the content and all the materials distributed at or in connection with the Conference are the sole property of Quantum Metric and/or the Conference sponsors or speakers presenting at the Conference. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by Quantum Metric or grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of Quantum Metric, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of Quantum Metric.
- GENERAL We reserve the right at any time to change, amend, add or remove any of the above terms without prior notice if one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms and Conditions should be or become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms and Conditions apply to all participants of this event, including attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors.
- GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Delaware, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws principles that require the application of the laws of another jurisdictions, and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts for the county in which Quantum’s principal place of business is located for any action arising from or related to these Terms and Conditions.
- EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT. Quantum Metric is committed to providing a friendly, safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all attendees, including staff and vendors, at Quantum Metric events. Quantum Metric has no tolerance for discrimination, harassment, or bullying in any form at any of its events. We expect all Conference participants to (a) be considerate, respectful, and collaborative; (b) be mindful of your fellow attendees and surroundings; and (d) to report any dangerous and/or unacceptable behavior to onsite Conference staff. We invite all attendees, speakers, partners, attendees, media, and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive experience for everyone in attendance at the Conference.