Last Updated: April 01, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Provide
We collect personal information from you in connection with your application, including:
- Name, address, including home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- Username and password;
- Work authorization status;
- CV, résumé, cover letter, skills, previous work experience and education information;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications held;
- Information posted on your professional social media accounts (e.g., your LinkedIn profile);
- Information relating to references; and
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, social media profiles, awards or professional memberships).
As discussed in the “Diversity” section below, in certain cases we will ask questions about race/ethnic origin, gender, and disability of our applicants, for monitoring equal opportunity. We may also inquire about criminal records, where permitted by applicable law. Otherwise, we ask that you avoid submitting information that may qualify as sensitive personal information under applicable law, except where such information is legally required. Sensitive personal information includes race, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, age, gender identity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, marital status, medical or health information (including disability status), genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, veteran status, background check information, judicial data such as criminal records or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings.
Any information you submit through the Careers Site must be true, complete and not misleading. Submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to a rejection of your application during the application process or disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us.
Personal Information from Other Sources
For the purpose of background check reports in connection with your application, and as permitted by applicable law, we obtain personal information about you from other sources, including:
- Your references;
- Prior employers; and
- Educational institutions you attended.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process personal information about you for one or more of these reasons:
- Because you voluntarily provide this information and consent for us to process it;
- Because this information is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment or internship;
- Because this information is of particular importance to us and we have a specific legitimate interest under law to process it;
- To comply with a legal obligation; or
- Where necessary to protect fhe vital interests of any person.
Where the collection or processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time to the extent permitted by applicable law.
The personal information that you submit on the Careers Site will be used for our global personnel recruitment, management and planning purposes, as permitted by applicable law:
- To process your application: We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests;
- To assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job: We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests;
- To conduct reference checks. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests;
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, and to send you information regarding the Careers Site and changes to our terms and policies: We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you;
- To comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation: We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests;
- To conduct background checks if we offer you a position: We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests; and
- To preserve our other legitimate interests: This includes our administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training, and as generally required to conduct our business within Quantum Metric, Inc. and its affiliates.
The personal information about you will be added to Quantum’s international candidate database and can be retained and used to consider you for opportunities at Quantum and its affiliates other than the one(s) for which you apply. If you do not wish us to do this, please contact us at the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
If we hire you, personal information we collect in connection with your application can be incorporated into our human resources system and used to manage the new-hire process; any such information can become part of your employee file and used for other employment-related purposes.
Providing personal information to us through the Careers Site is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your employment application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer, or relocation.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Quantum Metric, Inc. shares personal information with its affiliate Quantum Metric (UK) Limited in London, England, when Quantum Metric (UK) Limited is involved in evaluating candidates for a given position. We will limit access to personal information to personnel with a business need to know the information for the purposes described in this Policy, including interviewers involved in the recruitment process, and personnel in the recruiting, human resources and information technology departments, as well as in the department responsible for the position for which you are applying.
We also share personal information with our third-party service providers to facilitate services they provide to us, including hosting and operating the Careers Site, recruiting assistance, and background check processing.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also use and disclose your personal information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we receive law enforcement requests and orders.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information to other countries, including the United States or any other country in which we or our service providers have operations. These countries may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) this transfer may include countries outside of the EEA. Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these “specified countries” is available here. The UK recognizes the EEA and the specified countries as providing an adequate level of data protection according to UK standards. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission or the UK government (as applicable), we have put in place adequate measures where necessary, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the relevant authority to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us using the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Quantum Metric commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Quantum Metric at [email protected].
Quantum Metric has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD are provided at no cost to you. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Quantum Metric is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Quantum Metric’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Quantum Metric remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Quantum Metric proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods are: (i) the duration of the application process; (ii) as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you; (iii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iv) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations.
We may remove personal information for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, we can delete personal information about you (including your CV/résumé) from our database at any time and without providing any reason. Therefore, please retain your own copy of the personal information provided to us.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal information, object to the processing of personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by submitting your request to us by using the email address or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to access or have changed, whether you would like to have personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database.
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We hereby disclaim, as far as permitted by local laws, any liability for itself and its affiliates and contractors for any personal information we collect in connection with your application that is lost, misused, illegally accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed, or not timely delivered to our Careers Site.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Careers Site links. The inclusion of a link on the Careers Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by Quantum.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants consistent with applicable law. We do not unlawfully discriminate, either directly or indirectly, based on characteristics protected by applicable law, such as race, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information in any area of recruitment.
The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
The Careers Site allows you to apply for jobs world-wide, as a benefit of Quantum’s centralized global recruitment function. This Careers Site is operated from the United States. Accordingly, any personal information you submit to the Careers Site will be collected in the United States and will be subject to U.S. laws. However, if we share your personal information with an affiliate located in another country in its capacity as a potential employer, the affiliate will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Any hiring or other employment-related decisions will be made by the hiring affiliate in accordance with the laws of the country where the job will be located. The Careers Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time in order to address future developments of Quantum, the Careers Site or changes in industry or legal trends. The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Policy indicates when this Policy was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Careers Site.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected] or 833-QMETRIC, or write to us at 10807 New Allegiance Dr., Ste. 155, Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80921, USA.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA AND THE UK
You may also:
- Contact our representative in the EU: Quantum Metric (UK) Limited, of 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY.
- Lodge a complaint with an EU/EEA/UK data protection authority for your country or region where you have your habitual residence or place of work or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of EEA data protection authorities is available here. Information regarding the UK data protection authority is available here.