Last modified: April 24, 2019
Quantum Metric, Inc. and its affiliated companies (“Quantum Metric”) take the protection of your personal data very
that Quantum Metric, Inc., located in the United States of America, or its affiliated companies collect information
from you online or offline in connection with your application for a job. Note that we may update this Policy from
time to time, for example if we implement new systems or processes that involve the use of personal data in a way
not described in this Policy.
What information does Quantum Metric collect?
In connection with your job application for work with Quantum Metric, we will collect, store, and use the information that you have provided to us in your application, including your curriculum vitae, cover letter, as well as certification and references. We will also process any information you provide to us during an interview.
In particular, Quantum Metric collects a range of information about you. This includes:
• your name, address and contact details, including home address, email addresses, and telephone number;
• username and password;
• details of your qualifications, skills, experience, and employment history, including your curriculum vitae and/or LinkedIn or other social media profile;
• information about your current level of remuneration, including benefits entitlement;
• information about your work authorization status;
• financial information, including salary information and benefit information;
• family and social details, including marital status; and
• whether or not you have a disability for which Quantum Metric needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
Where required by local laws, or in connection with specific roles, we may collect and process special categories of personal data about you. Such special categories of personal data include racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, information about your health and information about criminal convictions and offenses. These special categories of personal data will be processed to meet our legal responsibilities, or, where necessary, for personnel management and administration. Where required by local law we will obtain your explicit consent to process special categories of your personal data.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us.
How does Quantum Metric collect your personal data?
Quantum Metric may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data may be contained in application forms, CVs, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected from you through interviews or other forms of assessment.
Why does Quantum Metric process personal data?
Quantum Metric will use the personal data we collect about you to:
• assess your capabilities, qualifications, and suitability for the vacant position;
• conduct reference checks, where applicable;
• communicate with you about the recruitment process;
• keep records related to our hiring processes;
• conduct background checks if we offer you a position; and
• comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
We also need to process your personal data to decide whether to enter into an employment relationship with you.
Quantum Metric has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to assess a candidate’s suitability for employment with our company, and to decide to whom we will present a job offer.
Providing personal information to us during the recruiting process is voluntary, but in some cases necessary to consider your application. If you do not provide sufficient information, Quantum Metric may be unable to consider your employment application.
Who has access to the data?
Your information may be shared internally, including to related companies, for purposes of the recruitment exercise. We will limit access to such personal information to personnel that need to know the information, including personnel in recruiting, human resources, and IT departments, as well as individuals in the department responsible for the position for which you are applying, and interviewers involved in the recruitment process.
Where necessary, Quantum Metric may also share personal information with the third parties described below:
• Third-party service providers that provide services in connection with those service providers performing business functions on behalf of Quantum Metric.
• Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); or
• As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary.
When third parties are given access to your personal information, we require them to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Quantum Metric complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and the United Kingdom to the United States in reliance on the Privacy Shield. Quantum Metric has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to such information.
For how long does Quantum Metric keep data?
Quantum Metric will retain your personal information for a period of time after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to hire you (or if you withdraw from the process or decline our offer). For candidates for jobs located in the European Economic Area (EEA), this period of time is generally not more than 6 months, unless there is a legal reason we need to retain this information longer. We retain your information for that period so we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. For applicants for jobs located in the EEA, after this period, unless you have consented to be considered for future employment opportunities for which you may be suited, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Note that you are free to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we hire you, personal information we collect in connection with your application may be incorporated into our human resources system and used to manage the new-hire process. Any such information can become part of your employee file and used for other employment-related purposes.
What are your rights and duties?
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• require the organization to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• require the organization to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
• object to the processing of your data where the organization is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
• ask the organization to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organization’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.