Quantum Metric Privacy Notice for California Residents
We are serious about your privacy and keeping information secure.
Last Updated on: December 21, 2022.
- SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, DISCLOSED AND SHARED
- PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- RETENTION PERIOD
- INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND REQUESTS
- AUTHORIZED AGENTS
- DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
- CHANGES TO THIS CCPA NOTICE
- CONTACT US
This CCPA Notice does not apply to our job applicants, employees, contractors, owners, directors, or officers where the Personal Information we collect about those individuals relates to their current, former, or potential role at the Company. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information from:
- Our interactions with you, such as when you contact us via a webform, register an online account with us, purchase our services, post comments or reviews on our website, or sign up to receive information from us; and
- Publicly available databases and our joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, DISCLOSED AND SHARED
The following chart details which categories of Personal Information about California residents we may collect, as well as which categories of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed for our operational business purposes in the preceding 12 months. The chart also details the categories of Personal Information that we “share” for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising, including within the preceding 12 months.
|Categories of Personal Information||Disclosed to Which Categories of Third Parties for Operational Business Purposes||Shared with Which Categories of Third Parties for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising|
|Identifiers, such as name, contact information, IP address, and other online identifiers||Our affiliated entities, trusted third-party service providers, and third party business partners||Ad networks|
|Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name and contact information[, payment card data and employment information]||Our affiliated entities, trusted third-party service providers and third-party business partners||None|
|Commercial information, such as transaction information and payment history||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers||None|
|Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and interactions with our online services||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers||Ad networks|
|Geolocation data, such as device location and approximate location derived from IP address||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers||Ad networks|
|Professional or employment-related information, such as current employer||Our affiliated entities, trusted third-party service providers and third-party business partners||None|
|Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile/summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers||Ad networks|
PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use or share these categories of Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, providing our products and services, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including using Personal Information to:
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- Develop, improve, repair, provide and maintain our products and services;
- Personalize, advertise, and market our products and services;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair our services’ intended functionality;
- Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis;
- Maintain our property and our records, and undertake quality and safety assurance measures;
- Conduct risk and security control and monitoring, and detect and prevent fraud;
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations and record-keeping;
- Carry out corporate transactions, such as mergers, joint ventures or acquisitions; and
- Comply with law, legal process, and internal policies, and exercise and defend legal claims.
PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use and disclose Sensitive Personal Information, as permitted under applicable law for purposes of performing services for our business, providing goods or services as requested by you, ensuring security and integrity, short term transient use such as displaying first party, non-personalized advertising, order processing and fulfillment, servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, and activities relating to quality and safety control or product improvement. Under the CCPA, if a business sells Personal Information, it must allow California residents to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information.
We do not sell and have not sold Personal Information, including your Sensitive Personal Information, in the preceding 12 months. as “sale” is defined in the CCPA. For example, and Without limiting the foregoing, we do not sell the Personal Information, including the Sensitive Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you, for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services, and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your Personal Information to address issues that may arise;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject, for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them; or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position, such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations.
INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND REQUESTS
If you are a California resident, you may make the following requests request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you, that we “shared” for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising and the categories of third parties with whom we “shared” such Personal Information;;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting (if applicable)or sharing Personal Information about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
- You may request to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information we collected from you.
- You may request to have your Personal Information deleted.
- You may request to receive the specific pieces of your Personal Information, including a copy in a portable format.
- You may request to opt out of the “sharing” of your Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising.
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
To make a request for the disclosures, correction or deletion, or copies of your Personal Information described above, please contact us at 833-QMETRIC or [email protected]. We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as mailing address, telephone number and/or email address, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you maintain a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information. If you make a deletion request, we may ask you to verify your request before we delete your Personal Information.
To request to opt out of any future sharing of your Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising, click here.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
If you want to make a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a California resident, you may use the submission methods noted above. As part of our verification process, we may request that you provide, as applicable, proof concerning your status as an authorized agent, which also may include:
- Proof of your registration with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California; and/or
- A power of attorney from the California resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130.
If you are making a request on behalf of a California resident and have not provided us with a power of attorney from the resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130, we may also require the resident to:
- Verify the resident’s own identity directly with us; or
- Directly confirm with us that the resident provided you permission to submit the request.
Where we maintain or use de-identified information, we will continue to maintain and use the de-identified information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify the information.
CHANGES TO THIS CCPA NOTICE
We may change or update this CCPA Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised CCPA Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
If you have any questions regarding this CCPA Notice, please contact us at [email protected] or at Quantum Metric, Inc., Attn: Chief Operating Officer, 10807 New Allegiance Drive, Ste. 155, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921.
If you are a California resident, please see our CCPA Notice for more information about how we handle your personal information and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.